Old 25-11-2007, 11:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Beautiful rain

"0tterbot" wrote in message
How weird! I drink nothing but rainwater and it's better than any town
water
I have ever had.

gawd, me too. our rainwater's lovely. in town, the town-water they get is
just completely disgusting (so they probably all drink their rainwater in
secret, like bronwyn ;-) considering our only other choice for drinking is
dam-water (i don't think it's the yabby poo that makes it so brown and
crunchy, but i doubt that it helps ;-) i really do chuckle when townies are
told their rainwater's supposed to be for the garden or the toilet, or
something. dear me.

councils are almost always gaspingly useless, but i think someone from above
comes up with moronic rules with which to torture & exasperate the populace.
kylie

Until a few years ago some urban councils would not permit rainwater tanks at
all on the grounds that they encouraged mosquitos! There is no reason to have
mozzies in your water tank. It's just weird.

David