Old 25-11-2007, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Second attempt

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Sacha writes:
| I'm still trying to ID this plant. I think my last try got lost as I
| foolishly forgot to attach the url until Anne reminded me. Trouble is, I
| can't remember where we took this.

http://i17.tinypic.com/6ozvn2t.jpg

This annoys me. I have seen that flower form before, but didn't
like the plant, and can't remember what it was. This is a much
nicer plant.

My best bet is one of the Caprifoliaceae, either Leycesteria or
a close relative. I have tried to find a picture of L. crocothyrsos
in flower on the Web, and failed dismally, but suspect it is not
that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

not ringing any bells here (I did see it the last time) can you remember
whether it was in the UK?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk