Old 25-11-2007, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Second attempt

On 25/11/07 16:35, in article ,
"Jeff Layman" wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Sacha writes:
I'm still trying to ID this plant. I think my last try got lost as
I foolishly forgot to attach the url until Anne reminded me.
Trouble is, I can't remember where we took this.
http://i17.tinypic.com/6ozvn2t.jpg

This annoys me. I have seen that flower form before, but didn't
like the plant, and can't remember what it was. This is a much
nicer plant.

My best bet is one of the Caprifoliaceae, either Leycesteria or
a close relative. I have tried to find a picture of L. crocothyrsos
in flower on the Web, and failed dismally, but suspect it is not
that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

For an image see he
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/125269/

I wondered if it could be a member of the Acanthaceae.

Don't think that's it, Jeff. I've emailed David Poole to see if he can id
it.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk