Old 25-11-2007, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default photographing flowers

In article ,
Stuart Noble says...
Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Stuart Noble
writes
K wrote:

Main enemy of focus on supermacro is low light levels - if the
subject is lit badly, the pic is out of focus.

Absolutely. If you're 2" away, the camera itself is usually blocking
the light.
I find macro photography endlessly frustrating, and much better
close-ups of anything you care to mention can be seen on various web
sites.

I take your point but sometimes you see a pant or flower that you want
to identify or remind yourself of it's height and spread if you are
buying one. Then you need to get as good a picture as you can.

Janet

Agreed. I take endless pics at the garden centre, often of labels and
things I can't be bothered to write down, but macro photography is
something else. A closeup of a bee's kneecap is not my style.

I beg to differ. Surely such a photo is the bees knees?
--
David in Normandy