Old 26-11-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default Finding community garden space

Don H3 wrote:
On Nov 22, 7:32 am, doofy wrote:

Any ideas on how to find some community garden space, or who to proselytize?

I'm in the Newark, Ca. area. I saw something for Hayward Community
Gardens, but that's a little far.

I'm a tad xxxxx of you (Seattle) but I found literally dozens
by googling "[name of city] pea patch" and
"[name of city] community garden".

The latter even identified what communities within the city
had gardens for communal use and where they were. Application
wait periods seem to range from zero to 2 years.

So, I'm not finding any of these search results you speak of. Care to
share one with me. I've even gone to Ask.com.