Old 25-11-2007, 09:43 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default OT Property taxes

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

Dioclese wrote:
Curious, I checked it out. Its the standard homestead exemption. For long
term financial reasons, I chose not to take the exemption. Almost anyone

If you don't mind my asking, what possible long term benefit could there
be for not taking a tax-reduction in your property taxes?

I'm curious too. I took the homestead exemption long ago.
It has done nothing but save me money.

Property value assessments will go up regardless so will increase your
resale value.

To date, the city has ALWAYS valued my property higher than local houses
have been selling for. I can't see any way around that.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein