Old 26-11-2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default Finding community garden space

Don H3 wrote:
On Nov 25, 5:48 pm, doofy wrote:

Don H3 wrote:

On Nov 22, 7:32 am, doofy wrote:

Any ideas on how to find some community garden space, or who to proselytize?

I'm in the Newark, Ca. area. I saw something for Hayward Community
Gardens, but that's a little far.

I'm a tad xxxxx of you (Seattle) but I found literally dozens
by googling "[name of city] pea patch" and
"[name of city] community garden".

The latter even identified what communities within the city
had gardens for communal use and where they were. Application
wait periods seem to range from zero to 2 years.

So, I'm not finding any of these search results you speak of. Care to
share one with me. I've even gone to Ask.com.

You neglect to say where you live, but
here is one in LA
http://www.cityfarmer.org/commgardennews.html
(about to be closed apparently), and this one
http://www.laparks.org/dos/horticult.../community.htm

These were found in about 10 seconds by googling:
'los angeles ca "community garden"'

or here's pay-plots in Brisbane Ca:
http://www.brisbanegarden.com/RulesAndPolicies.html

or if you want to find some in Brisbane Australia:
http://www.rosneath.com.au/ipc6/ch06...ell/index.html

This is where I live, from my original post:

I'm in the Newark, Ca. area. I saw something for Hayward Community
Gardens, but that's a little far.

So, I'm taking it that I've already exhausted this avenue with google.
Google was the first place I went before hitting the newsgroup. Google
and several other searches. Thanks for taking the time though.