Old 26-11-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default moles

In article , $3o&m
says...
[note x-post to uk.d-i-y & uk.rec.gardening]

I have a mole at the top of my garden. The first hill appeared about 10
days ago and the second, nearby, a couple of days ago. Both in lawn.

What should I do? Our garden is intended to encourage wildlife but hills
all over the grass doesn't seem to me to be a friendly hello from a
visitor. Do the sonic repellents work or do I have to insert a trap in a
tunnel and take it far away?

I have to say I had always wondered what the fuss was about (not having
moles here!) but have recently visited a cousin up near Cambridge who has
moles, heaps are no problem, but walking across her grass was like
walking on a water bed it was so undermined.
What ever you chose to do just bear in mind that as soon as one mole
moves out another will soon occupy the vacant territory, so a sonic
deterant may be worth a go, mixed views on here, from wonderfull, to,
does nothing at all.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk