Old 26-11-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default Second attempt

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Jeff Layman" writes:

My best bet is one of the Caprifoliaceae, either Leycesteria or
a close relative. I have tried to find a picture of L.
crocothyrsos in flower on the Web, and failed dismally, but
suspect it is not that.

For an image see he
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/125269/

I fount that! It looks to me as if it is in berry, not flower!

Yes, I know what you mean. How about this?
http://www.mygarden.me.uk/june2005.htm

I have one 2 years old from seed, but it hasn't flowered yet. Unfortunately,
it is a lot less hardy than its better-known relative. I tried a 60 cm
(one-year old) plant outside near to a large formosana I've had for 7 years.
It was well-protected by other trees and shrubs, but didn't survive last
year's (mild) winter. Maybe it was too small.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)