Old 26-11-2007, 11:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default moles

On 26/11/07 11:26, in article , "The
Natural Philosopher" wrote:

CWatters wrote:
"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
[note x-post to uk.d-i-y & uk.rec.gardening]

I have a mole at the top of my garden. The first hill appeared about 10
days ago and the second, nearby, a couple of days ago. Both in lawn.

What should I do? Our garden is intended to encourage wildlife but hills
all over the grass doesn't seem to me to be a friendly hello from a
visitor. Do the sonic repellents work or do I have to insert a trap in a
tunnel and take it far away?

If you want to get rid of the mole read this before you do anything...

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-cou...ts/mole-review.
pdf

Good article.

Like I said, given that they eat worms, hope for a hard winter that
kills the worms.

And harms the soil? I don't think, so thanks!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk