Old 26-11-2007, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default horseradish

On Nov 26, 1:45 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote in message

On Nov 26, 11:02 am, Fred wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:23:00 +0100, David in Normandy

and turned out to be

simply one of those long white harmless affairs you can add to salads
if you want to die of terminal gustative boredom.

Cat(h)

But eating a salad is boredom full stop.

I beg to differ. Fresh crab meat, some of my high octane rocket and
some mesclun, accompanied by my home made vinaigrette, or hot pan
fried chicken livers on a similar bed of rocket, fresh spinach and
radicchio with a drizzle of the same vinaigrette, but made with
raspberry vinegar, have had real men crying and looking for MORE.
Honest. Even those who had sworn off rabbit food.

A very much over rated meal which
takes ages to eat and 10 minutes later you are hungry.

Any food worth eating should take ages to eat.

Why does 'side salad'
have to be served with so many dishes?

Because it contributes usefully to your "Five-a-day"? So long as it
includes neither dire coleslaw nor pickled beetroot, nor yesterday's
surplus pasta or spuds drowned in mayo or (gack) salad cream (and
alarmingly, many of those side-salads do!!), I am quite a fan.

Cat(h)