Old 26-11-2007, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default horseradish

"'Mike'" wrote in message

But eating a salad is boredom full stop. A very much over rated meal which
takes ages to eat and 10 minutes later you are hungry. Why does 'side
salad' have to be served with so many dishes? If I wanted to eat Rabbit
food I would have been a Rabbit.

The real reason for salad is proper dressing. Proper dressing is rubbish
without salad and vice-versa.

I know what you mean though, salad is served up in loads of places
comprising of rubbish lettuce, tasteless tomatoes (if you're lucky),
coleslaw from a packet etc.

My favourite salad (today) is walnuts, pears, non-rubbish lettucy leaves,
blue cheese, and dressing made from too much salt, too much mustard, too
much fresh pepper and just enough e/v olive oil, in the proper pestle and
mortar. You're not hungry for hours either :-)