Old 26-11-2007, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default lavenders

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:01:40 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 25/11/07 22:22, in article , "Janet
Tweedy" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Yes, we could do that. Good idea. But we would have to check people want
to get such emails, otherwise they're an intrusive nuisance.

I signed up for it when they sent me an email receipt of an order. So
there's no fear of offending anyone that way.

That's possible of course. But I now receive so many dozens of catalogues
from all the (non garden) shopping I do online that I know that 'tick the no
further info' box is simply ignored. I am particularly irritated to receive
paper catalogues from companies that I order from only online. It's a
tremendous waste of trees, time and money.

I so agree with you. I send them back, marking the envelope "no catalogues
please". Lakeland are among the worst. At one time I was looking for some
item and had SIX catalogues to go through, all in date. When I phoned them
to say, could I just have one main catalogue a year, they said it wasn't
possible - so I have now firmly opted for no catalogues at all from them,
which is an edict they do obey.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php