Old 26-11-2007, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Always Wanted to Do?

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 06:30:26 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 11/25/07 10:21 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand expounded:

Is there anything that you all had always wanted to do in your
yard/garden but have not done so far?

There are so many things....

A chicken coop

A small garden pond

Oh - I forgot the pond (completely impractical, but I want one)

I am very fortunate to have a pond. It happened by chance, actually.
When I moved here there was a low spot in the backyard with wild
roses, wild raspberries, and soggy soil. After removing the
vegetation I found seven springs that kept the ground wet. I built a
pond--no liner, no pumps. A PVC pipe was buried to catch the overflow
to a nearby stream. The pond is about 8,000 gallons and the water
runs during a drought. I use the water for watering the garden and to
breed goldfish.