Old 26-11-2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Overwintering perennials

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Mulching keeps it frozen. This is to help clear the confusion.

Right, if you are trying to protect these plants it's from being heaved up,
not frozen out. Put the mulch on after the first good freeze. This keeps the
ground from freezing/thawing cycles. My gardening creed is survive or be
replaced, mulching was to improve soil quality, not plant protection. Darwin
rules!

I always heard...."My, your plants and flowers always looks so lush and
healthy." Yup, the weak and sickly get yanked. I seldom messed with "fussy
characters."

Val