Old 26-11-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb betsyb is offline

Default Pumpkin Seeds...I have no idea! Help!

"TisMe" wrote in message
Ok, so we carved a (Supermarket) pumpkin at Haloween, then had a
bright idea of saving some seeds ready to plant next year. I kept back
a good handful of seeds, and put them into a plastic food bag (Only
thing handy at the time).

Nearly a month later, I decided time to do something with them (Like
dry them and put them in a more suitable container).

Even though the bag was open, they are still rather damp and a few of
them have black spores growing on them.

Should I...

a) Give up, throw em out, try again!
b) Wash them, dry them properly, store in a labelled air-tight
container, in a cool place.
c) Something else???

Any help will be much appreciated! :-)

Last year I did something easily as smart as you. I scooped the seeds
out, plopped them on a folded paper towel to dry a bit and forgot them.
Come spring I broke up the glob and planted accordingly. Pulled out the
weaker looking plants and had a banner year of Punkins.

Betsy