Old 27-11-2007, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Rosemary problem

In article uqKdnU147JoR79banZ2dnUVZ_qSonZ2d@wtccommunication s.ca,
"BeeCee" wrote:

"BeeCee" wrote in message
Every fall now for several years I have dug some of the rosemary in my
garden, potted in growing medium, and brought it indoors.

Invariably, soon after I have brought it in, the leaves start to get
covered with powdery mildew.

I can usually keep it alive by washing it frequently but it doesn't
thrive.

It has been suggested that I should open a window every day and let it
have fresh air but this is impractical as the temperature gets well below
frreezing.

Could it be that I am keeping it too wet? When I pot it I soak it well to
set the roots into the potting medium.

Any suggestions?

Brian

Thanks for the suggestions - I do plant new rosemary every spring but I like
to try to keep some going indoors over the winter, or for as long as I can.

For the person that suggested spraying with an alcohol mix - would that be
ordinary rubbing alcohol?

Brian

Copper sulfate solution maybe, but not alcohol. Bad, bad, idea. You need
sunlight or grow lights.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars