Old 27-11-2007, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Finding community garden space

In article ,
doofy wrote:

So, I called the city today, talked to someone, and he said one reason
there were no community gardens in Newark was that there was lack of
interest. But, he was going to beat the bushes and see what he could
come up with.

Then I called Ardenwood Farms (1/4 mile away) in Fremont, and they
couldn't help, but pointed me to Prusch Farms in San Jose (20 miles
away). They haven't called back yet. But 20 miles one way is a bit of
a drive. That's about $7 per round-trip.

I'll keep trying. This fella I talked to at the city offices told me to
start trying to drum up interested people to help make it work.

I hate being a starter, but I'm also used to it.

How about a want add for a garden plot? Some body must have land that
would want to make a few bucks on it.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars