Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Terry Collins

Default rabbits

...snip....

I notice that our moggie triggers the infrared sensor on the security
light over our back stairs, so I expect that a rabbit would do so, too.
It should be possible to guard your plot with a couple of these sensors,
and arrange it that instead of powering light bulbs for 5 minutes when
triggered, it turns on a hissing sprinkler, or rattles a can, or drops a
rubber snake, or bursts a balloon or does something else that will
frighten off any hare-brained intruder.

If curiosity killed the cat, then rabbits survived only because they
were second in line. All this would do is give the rabbits something
else to chew on.