Old 27-11-2007, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default lavenders

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
In article , 'Mike' says...
Junk Mail don't you just love it :-((

Once a week the postman delivers a big pile of (none-
addressed) leaflets and catalogues. It seems to be common
practice here in France. It comes in quite handy as we have
a wood burning stove, and since we don't take any
newspapers the leaflets all get used for lighting the fire.

Kind of so many organisations to send us free paper to
light our fire :-)

We shred ours, it makes good compost, I smile though that I personally
get on average 3 offers of car insurance per day, strange really as I
have never held a driving licence or owned a vehicle! Just think how much
cheaper car insurance could be without the pointless waste, never mind
the stationary, the cost of postage alone must be enormous, I worked it
out a few years ago and to me alone it was over £300 per year, admittidly
not all from the same firm.

Todays post brings 2 car insurance offers from Norwich union two from
Privilege and one from Sheilas wheels! total 5, not a record but a good
day for the compost heap!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk