Old 27-11-2007, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default lavenders

In article , Janet Tweedy
says...
In article , David in
Normandy writes

. Combine this
with RF tags embedding in clothing and you could soon be
walking past stores and a screen will light up and say
something like "Hello Charlie Pridham - Isn't it time you
replaced that old coat you are wearing? We have a new range
of coats in your size. Come in and look". Big brother
already exists.

Worry when it starts saying
"Good lord Mrs David in Normandy, hasn't he bought you another coat for
winter yet? He paid for a diamond bracelet just the other day and he's
got HEAPS in his bank account unknown to you ...."

As the old famous sailors toast goes "Here is a toast to
our wives and girlfriends - may they never meet." :-)

Joking aside, lack of privacy has already got that bad for
those people who are registered on the Facebook website. It
has caused a lot of concern recently because it tells
people what their "friends" buy from other web sites. As
someone commented "What if you'd just discretely bought a
book off Amazon called How to cope with H.I.V.?"
--
David in Normandy