Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
B Naujok

Default What grass is this?

Late last spring, I sowed a cool season grass mix on our yards after
digging out the old weed patch. It consisted of Highland Bent,
Kentucky Blue, Perr Rye and Fine Fescue.

In the last couple of weeks with minimal rain here in Melbourne, one
of the grasses has sprouted the linked seeding fronds (??), while the
rest of the grass is looking pretty yellow.

Pic of seeds:
http://members.optushome.com.au/bnau...edingGrass.jpg

Also, on a side issue, in the backyard, the grass turned out pretty
clumpy and is not spreading out and flattening. I have no idea on how
it improve it. I chose this as I thought with suitable maintanence, it
should be pretty similar to a golf fairway. The couch (I think) on the
nature strip is a nice low flat and even bed of grass. Any ideas?

BN.