Old 28-11-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Always Wanted to Do?

On Nov 25, 7:11 pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
Just a chit-chat thread..

Is there anything that you all had always wanted to do in your
yard/garden but have not done so far?

Myself, well, I have a few things I'd always wanted to do but still have
yet to in any of the places I'd lived.

One close to the top would be to build a nice flagstone or other style
rock patio with 2" of space between the rocks for plantings.. Since we
have a larger yard now I may end up doing that within a few years...
Maybe..

I always thought that I would like a "little" more space, maybe an
acre
or two. But at this time, I think .33 will do very nicely, Thank you!
A pond? well I tried a small one. Worked all day digging it, and then
all of the next day getting the rocks and plants all just right. The
next
day I went to admire my work. Well, the rackety goons (who called
them that? I love it) decided they would rearrange things to suit them
selves. Later they ate the fish. So now I have a bog which I enjoy.
And the RGs come and make artistic swirls in the pine needles.

A shed, I wanted a garden shed and my DH built one a couple of years
ago. So it isn't that either.
Plants......I ALWAYS want more plants, but I have roses, I have ferns.
I have 10 varieties of Heuchera. Shrubs, native plants, it's a
sickness;
I do not need More Plants. for sure. But if there is a square foot of
space,
I will fill it up.

So now I have to think of something after all this rambling.
Well I would like a couple of bantie hens, or maybe a rooster and a
hen. But that will be for when I get old(er).

Emilie, NorCal
Or maybe a pair of little goats.................