Old 28-11-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Strange plant, can anyone idenify it for me?

Bob Hobden writes

None of mine ever last more than a few years, however they do seed about
(especially in the block paving!!!) so we are never without a few in various
stages of growth. I have not had to plant any after being given the first
few some years ago but neither have I had a problem with it becoming over
abundant. Whilst not as spectacular as G.maderense in flower, it is still a
lovely plant and well worth growing for both it's rather exotic looking
leaves and form and it's attractive flowers which are held up to 4ft tall.

Not hardy in Leeds, but self seeding, so I have had it every year for
the last ?8 years. Not as tall as 4 ft, but a very welcome plant.
--
Kay