Old 28-11-2007, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Strange plant, can anyone idenify it for me?

On 28/11/07 14:48, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:19:45 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 27/11/07 13:54, in article
, "Phil"
wrote:

Hi,

I found a strange plane growing in my garden, not sure if it's a weed
or not so left it for the moment.
Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks

Phil

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21280746@N02/2068854382/

Herb Robert, at a guess. Do a Google. If it is that, it's a pretty thing
but keep an eye on it.

Leaves too big for herb robert, not shiny enough for sweet ciceley,
but just like g. maderense, which seeds like a weed in my friend's
coastal garden in Weymouth but never survives a winter in mine near
Bristol.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks,Pam. That answers my re-think post of today. We can't grow G.
maderense here so it's interesting to know it can grow in gardens nearer the
coast. I've seen it in Tresco but don't think I've seen it round here.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk