Old 28-11-2007, 04:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default moles

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
But seriously, grass (ours is hardly a cultivated lawn) is nice to sit on
and provides space. No?

Well, our back garden is given over to veg plots, greenhouse and
chickens. When we sit in the garden (mostly for meals) it's on the roof
of the air raid shelter, which has table and chairs on it.

Perhaps you don't have an air-raid shelter ...

Happily there wasn't much call for them in the 50's.

The front garden is given over the the caravan :-)

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to this intense course in
human-mole relations. I've taken your advice and chosen not to waste
cash on sonic spikes. So far, taking the cheapest route, I've used the
excess of soiled clay-based cat litter our cat provides to pour into and
on top of the hills. So far, after 2 days, no further hills have
appeared but that's probably too soon to tell if it'll be effective.

--
Si