Old 28-11-2007, 08:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default moles

In article 474dc5d9$0$771$4c56ba96
@master.news.zetnet.net, Mary Fisher says...

"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
But seriously, grass (ours is hardly a cultivated lawn) is nice to sit
on
and provides space. No?

Well, our back garden is given over to veg plots, greenhouse and chickens.
When we sit in the garden (mostly for meals) it's on the roof of the air
raid shelter, which has table and chairs on it.

Perhaps you don't have an air-raid shelter ...

Happily there wasn't much call for them in the 50's.

The front garden is given over the the caravan :-)

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to this intense course in
human-mole relations. I've taken your advice and chosen not to waste cash
on sonic spikes. So far, taking the cheapest route, I've used the excess
of soiled clay-based cat litter our cat provides to pour into and on top
of the hills. So far, after 2 days, no further hills have appeared but
that's probably too soon to tell if it'll be effective.

OPne last bit of advice.

If you're really breaking nether limbs because of the activities of these
little gentlemen in velvet weskits I suggest that you put some flags over
your lawn to step on.

Seriously.

Mary

--
Si

We did that, laid a row of flags across the top lawn to the
washing line. All neatly set into a bed of sand so they
were level with the lawn so the lawn mower could go
straight over them. A few days later the furry little
blighters had gone under and along the edge of the flags
destabilising them so they rocked under foot leaving hills
along the edge of the new path :-(

The only solution would be to dig a deep trench and pre-
fill it with hardcore and concrete first before laying the
flags.
--
David in Normandy