Old 29-11-2007, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Always Wanted to Do?

mleblanca wrote:
On Nov 25, 7:11 pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
Just a chit-chat thread..

Is there anything that you all had always wanted to do in your
yard/garden but have not done so far?

Myself, well, I have a few things I'd always wanted to do but still have
yet to in any of the places I'd lived.

One close to the top would be to build a nice flagstone or other style
rock patio with 2" of space between the rocks for plantings.. Since we
have a larger yard now I may end up doing that within a few years...
Maybe..

I always thought that I would like a "little" more space, maybe an
acre
or two. But at this time, I think .33 will do very nicely, Thank you!

The space is nice, but I'd found with the space the time to upkeep seems
to grow exponentially.

A pond? well I tried a small one. Worked all day digging it, and then
all of the next day getting the rocks and plants all just right. The
next
day I went to admire my work. Well, the rackety goons (who called
them that? I love it) decided they would rearrange things to suit them
selves. Later they ate the fish. So now I have a bog which I enjoy.
And the RGs come and make artistic swirls in the pine needles.

LOL.. I'd say too cute, but I'm sure it was frustrating at the time..

A shed, I wanted a garden shed and my DH built one a couple of years
ago. So it isn't that either.

I need one of those.. I've got a small section by the house which is
unused space, plan on building an L shaped fence of sorts out of lattice
to close it in out of view so I can dump tools and such in it. Small
enclosure shed inside the area for now.

Full garden shed will come in due time. Remaining budget goes to the
inside of the house, so will shift back to the outside for major things
later.

Plants......I ALWAYS want more plants, but I have roses, I have ferns.
I have 10 varieties of Heuchera. Shrubs, native plants, it's a
sickness;

Naaa.. And thanks for bringing up Heuchera.. It just made my wish list!

I do not need More Plants. for sure. But if there is a square foot of
space,
I will fill it up.

Shhhh.. That space to the left of you is awful bare... *chuckles*

So now I have to think of something after all this rambling.
Well I would like a couple of bantie hens, or maybe a rooster and a
hen. But that will be for when I get old(er).

Emilie, NorCal
Or maybe a pair of little goats.................