Old 29-11-2007, 05:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Always Wanted to Do?

betsyb wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
Just a chit-chat thread..

Is there anything that you all had always wanted to do in your
yard/garden but have not done so far?

Myself, well, I have a few things I'd always wanted to do but still
have yet to in any of the places I'd lived.

One close to the top would be to build a nice flagstone or other style
rock patio with 2" of space between the rocks for plantings.. Since we
have a larger yard now I may end up doing that within a few years...
Maybe..

A couple years ago someone posted a photo of a wire globe filled with
hens and chickens. I don't recall who. I have seen them in catalogs but
they are very pricey. I wonder if he christmas lights in globes could
suffice? I think the framework is plastic and it wouldn't rust. I bought
a round pot of hens and chickens the other day at our Lowes just in case
the mood hits me to build this momma. I have old hangars with shredded
something in them I can stuff it with/ Think this would work?

Betsy

The first thing that popped into my head when I read this was a pile of
chickens in an odd shaped pen.. o.O

Not sure if the plastic would hold up, but you know, there are cheap
metal baskets everywhere to be found.. Try going to a Freds, Dollar
Tree, Biglots or something of the likes to see what they have.

Another thought would be the three tier hanging baskets, like the one in
my kitchen holding the onions.

http://www.dollaritem.com/wms/images/catalog/7090.jpg

Might be able to grow something in it.. Dang.. Gave myself a good idea..
Got to try some star sedum in it.

At any rate, it may work.. So long as the price isn't too bad be worth a
try.. But my opinion is, mo cheaper, mo better.. It's all good on a budget.