Old 29-11-2007, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Den. rigidum - The Plant

Would that have anything to do with minimum light?

As an associated interesting observation, one of our members grows his smaller
Dockrillias & Dendrobes of a similar growth habit (eg toressae, prenticei) on
mounts which are hung from swivels - the cheap fishing line type. The mount
rotates with air movement (or owner movement) & the plant grows completely round
the mount. Makes a lovely display when in bloom, & has taken out some
cultivation prizes at our benchings.

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:07:41 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Dendrobium rigidum, hangs around the greenhouse & does it's thing.
Strangely, the flowers are all on the one side of the plant which was facing
NNW ?
It is in a 4inch basket.
Cheers Wendy

Dave Gillingham