Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Jane VR

Default Lavender in pots?

Trish wrote:

I have one container for two pots. The container is about 40cm long,
13cm wide and about 15cm high. It's a galvanised container that has a
daisy pattern embossed onto it. It's quite a nice combination of the
silver container and the deep mauve flowers of the lavender.
It looks like I could leave them in their own pots for a while, but may
need to transfer them as they get bigger, into the container or
something bigger again?

Trish

Sounds lovely . If it were me, I'd probably plant them straight into
the container (after drilling some drainage holes). They should be right
for a while and you'll be able to see if they are growing too big. You
could also follow Heather's suggestion of pruning the roots, and tops,
if you want to keep them in their pots. I'm not sure how often you'd
have to do this, though. 12 cm is not very big.

Jane