Old 30-11-2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Denver area daffodil bulbs

Sarah Houston wrote:
We bought a big bag of like 75 daffodil bulbs from Costco a couple of
weeks ago.

I SHOULD have planted them then, but haven't had the time.

Is there a way I can store them and plant them next spring, so they won't
dry out or die?

Plant them now or regret it. When I lived in Alaska I occasionally
planted bulbs so late in the season that I had to shovel snow to get to
the ground and never once did I have a failure. This worked for lily,
daffodil, tulip, and hyacinth. If you leave the bulbs out of the ground
until next fall I really doubt that you would have any survivors.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]