Old 29-11-2007, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
z z is offline

Default My blue spruce has killed my lawn asked again.

On Nov 27, 8:48 pm, wrote:

Don't forget about the acid in the soil. These things won't help. And
you hurt the tree if you lower the acidity in the soil inside the drip

that's what I thought we were talking about. between the acid, the
shade, and the mulching, grass no likee. there must be some low ph
loving ground cover. Hell, I've got creeping charlie creeping all over
my lawn, I bet it'd grow there.

I would definitely imagine that whatever will grow there will not grow
quickly, however, under those conditions, so don't count on just
sprinkling a few seeds and letting it take over.