Old 29-11-2007, 10:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y, uk.rec.gardening
geraldthehamster geraldthehamster is offline

Default moles

On 28 Nov, 16:34, Si $3o&m wrote:

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to this intense course in
human-mole relations. I've taken your advice and chosen not to waste
cash on sonic spikes. So far, taking the cheapest route, I've used the
excess of soiled clay-based cat litter our cat provides to pour into and
on top of the hills. So far, after 2 days, no further hills have
appeared but that's probably too soon to tell if it'll be effective.

Won't work. The hills are just where they've pushed to spoil from
their tunnels. Operating on the same theory I shoved a headless rat
left by one of the cats down one of the mole hill holes. Having read
up a bit more since on the eating habits of dear talpa, I think I was
just giving him a meal. That's dear departed talpa, because a barrel
trap got him, straight out of the box.

With apologies for intorducing headless rats into the conversation.

Regards
Richard