Old 29-11-2007, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Den. rigidum - The Plant

Thanks Dave, Will try using a swivel & I happen to have some that I use for
my Tillandsias.
Cheers Wendy
"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
news
Would that have anything to do with minimum light?

As an associated interesting observation, one of our members grows his
smaller
Dockrillias & Dendrobes of a similar growth habit (eg toressae, prenticei)
on
mounts which are hung from swivels - the cheap fishing line type. The
mount
rotates with air movement (or owner movement) & the plant grows completely
round
the mount. Makes a lovely display when in bloom, & has taken out some
cultivation prizes at our benchings.

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:07:41 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Dendrobium rigidum, hangs around the greenhouse & does it's thing.
Strangely, the flowers are all on the one side of the plant which was
facing
NNW ?
It is in a 4inch basket.
Cheers Wendy