Old 30-11-2007, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Always Wanted to Do?

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
At any rate, it may work.. So long as the price isn't too bad be worth a
try.. But my opinion is, mo cheaper, mo better.. It's all good on a
budget.

I planted some Hens & Chicks in an old blue speckle enamel colander I got
for a nickel at a garage sale, looked pretty cute sitting on the back porch
by the kitchen door. I also picked up a HUGE (20+ inches across the top)
wooden salad bowl that had one hair line crack in it for a quarter. I
drilled a few small holes in the bottom and planted a clump of Ladies Mantle
in it. Worked great, I had the bowl sitting on two bricks to keep it off the
ground and the thing never did rot out. I have no idea what kind of wood it
was.

Val