Old 30-11-2007, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Fruit and therefore plant ID, please

On 29/11/07 23:07, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| The seeds are loose in their chamber with no flesh clinging to them and
| there seem to be two seeds to each chamber on each half of the fruit
halves.
| IOW more like an apple, yes.

Yes, but what's the outside the the chamber like? Does it have a
definite, relatively tough, inner layer or not?

And, related to that, how many chambers are there? Robert said
that cutting it the other way would help. If there really are only
two chambers, each with two seeds, the plot thickens ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Cutting it transversely there are five seed chambers. Some have two small
seeds in, some have one larger seed, about the size of an apple seed, just a
little smaller. The chambers are well defined and yes, I suppose you could
say there's a lining to them which is whiter than the pale green flesh of
the fruit itself.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk