Old 30-11-2007, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Fruit and therefore plant ID, please

On 30/11/07 12:25, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Here's another pic of it cut across the fruit. You can see the
indentations
| of the ridges clearly. As I say, it's about the size of a chestnut and a
| little reminiscent of one when peeled and cooked.
| http://i4.tinypic.com/7yofkfd.jpg

The latter is NOT like Chaenomeles! I remain baffled.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I'm almost relieved, Nick because I wondered if I was trying to ID something
incredibly obvious. The nearest seems to be the Hodgsonia for external
appearance but not remotely like it for size. These just look very small
pumpkins! I'm going to prod them to take a photo.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk