Old 30-11-2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Always Wanted to Do?

Val wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
At any rate, it may work.. So long as the price isn't too bad be worth a
try.. But my opinion is, mo cheaper, mo better.. It's all good on a
budget.

I planted some Hens & Chicks in an old blue speckle enamel colander I got
for a nickel at a garage sale, looked pretty cute sitting on the back porch
by the kitchen door. I also picked up a HUGE (20+ inches across the top)
wooden salad bowl that had one hair line crack in it for a quarter. I
drilled a few small holes in the bottom and planted a clump of Ladies Mantle
in it. Worked great, I had the bowl sitting on two bricks to keep it off the
ground and the thing never did rot out. I have no idea what kind of wood it
was.

Val

Good ideas.. My whole point on my post was about thinking outside the
box and using less than ordinary things as planters that can be had for
cheap.

It's good to see that others follow the same route.

Food for thought.. Cheap clear plastic glasses, imaging three of varying
sizes in the center of a table with flowers growing out of the top. Can
see the dirt and everything.. Now wouldn't that be a unique centerpiece.
All you'd have to do is drill a single hole in the bottom and place them
into a platter.