Old 30-11-2007, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R.A.Omond R.A.Omond is offline

Default Forms of Aromatherapy

Sacha wrote:

Let me know when you're ready to undergo the dowsing test. I'll split
the winnings with you - $999,999 to you and $1 to me. Sounds fair ?

I've already told you what I think about this. I think such things are a
form of gift and I don't think playing with them to 'win' *anything* is
right. I know dowsing works because I've felt the rod move. I've met
dowsers who have found water and metal and those for whom they have found
it. Some charge for their services, many don't because, like me, they see
it as a gift. You haven't, so you don't believe it. I really can't imagine
why it fusses you so much, to be honest.

Sigh. The same old story - "I don't want the $1,000,000 because blah,
blah, blah".

Question: have you even heard of the ideomotor effect ?

See, for example:

http://randi.org/encyclopedia/ideomotor%20effect.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_Effect

What is it about you that takes away your curiosity for the
way things work (or don't work) ? I really can't imagine
why it doesn't fuss you at all, to be honest.