Old 30-11-2007, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Forms of Aromatherapy

On 30/11/07 16:44, in article ,
"R.A.Omond" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

P.s. do you now know what the ideomotor effect is?

Yes, I do. You are not going to persuade me that a couple of pieces of
metal, wood or plastic do, though.

Sadly, that shows that you do not know what the ideomotor effect is.

Yes, I do. And I know what I am doing when I dowse and I have had other
people closely observe me doing it. More to the point, your beloved
ideomotor effect does not explain why drilling companies employ dowsers to
such good effect and why some who drill for water are, themselves, dowsers.
I've watched them at work. My former fil, who was not a fool and didn't
throw money away, used one such person several times and always with
success. He used him to dowse for water for boreholes and for breakages in
pipes. I've known a dowser find lost jewellery for someone - twice to my
personal knowledge, using only a floor plan - and the same dowser found a
water leak in a four storey hotel, again using only a floor plan. He and
his wife were given dinner by the grateful manager.

I know what happens in dowsing because
I've experienced it using various types of materials. You haven't, so I'm
afraid all you're doing is persuading me that for some reason you're really
worried about things you don't understand and can't do yourself. They're
not compulsory, you know. Don't worry about it - those of us who can will
do it and those who don't want to, don't have to!

Ready for the test then Sacha? $999,999 to you and $1 to me.
That sounds fair to me ... let me know when you're ready.

As I have told you, I would not do such a thing. And I mean that very
sincerely. I think it would be wrong and I think it's cheap tomfoolery.
However, I can only advise that you do what Charlie suggests for yourself -
try it with someone who can dowse and see what happens to you. Do the
hand-holding thing with someone who *can* dowse.
I've seen utter sceptics totally bewildered and it's really quite amusing to
watch in a benign sort of way. But truly, Roy, it doesn't matter. People
were ignorant about the sun, moon and earth and their relation to each other
at one time, after all.
I know what happens to me, you don't know what happens to YOU and are
apparently not interested in finding out. Or perhaps you've tried and
nothing happens to you, so you've somehow persuaded yourself that all who
can dowse are liars or charlatans or deluded fools and this makes you more
knowledgeable than people who have dowsed through the centuries and continue
to do so now. Forgive me but: "whatever floats your boat". ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk