Old 30-11-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Forms of Aromatherapy

On 30/11/07 17:16, in article , "Janet
Tweedy" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

A member of our family has just completed the
post-graduate Tisserand course and is going on to do further training. It's
a meticulously careful training and it benefits a great number of people.
But it's not compulsory, so I never do understand why people get in such a
state about it!

On a slightly different tack but using lavender oil as a link to
gardening. I was very disappointed to see that Tisserands pure oil for
the bath STILL has Sodium lauryl/laurel sulphate in it's ingredients.
That's the one thing, sometimes called SLS that irritates my skin making
it feel like sunburn (it's an ingredient for cleaning garage floors of
oil)
Shame as I love lavender oil, so I use dried lavender instead but the
bits floating around the bath aren't actually calming

I'll ask the one who knows about that, Janet and pass it on. I have the
little phials of lavender with a roller ball and I keep one in my bag and
one by the bed. I find them wonderful for headaches or stuffy sinuses and
luckily, don't get that reaction. Have you tried drying Lippia citrodora
(now Aloysia triphylla) and using the leaves in the bath or in the linen
cupboard?
My very favourite bath stuff is Olverum. It's hideously expensive but it
smells like heaven and is wonderfully relaxing. A few sachets of that for a
Christmas present, or a little bottle would be gorgeous.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk