Old 30-11-2007, 11:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KJonsen KJonsen is offline

Default Do you compost

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:40:18 -0800, Jay Chan
wrote:
I could have used the free compost from the local government. But
that would make my car dirty. If I had a pickup truck, I might have
used the free compost from the local government.

Towns around here collect yard waste separately for composting, and
give it away also. My concern is I don't know what *other* people dump
on their lawns & gardens before bagging the refuse for the city to
collect.

No way would I use it on food plants. Ornamentals....maybe. There's
too many people that simply do not read directions on their lawn
chemicals and overapply thinking that more is better.