Old 30-11-2007, 11:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Beautiful rain

"Terryc" wrote in message
who's your local member then?

Pat Farmer for Macarthur, which is definitely no longer a bellweather
seat. He is still squarking about how workchoices is good.

oh dear. it is looking to me like many of the libs just aren't getting it -
the country moved on while they weren't looking & many of them find this
mystifying (which makes me wonder what on earth they do all day!!).

It is knife edge but drawing further his way. Unfortunately, we do not
have the bob brown bushwalker effect where all the postal votes are
buchwalkers, so his margin is growing

Seriously, if the rodent had been serious about fixing the Murray-Darling
water fisco and really started taken action, I would have had to think
seriously about voting for a bit of self interest; the grandfather's farm
is going to be lost if this situation continues much longer.

They are not even getting the piddle we are getting each day in Sydney.
Their last "rain" was in May when they sowed all the wheat and oats they
could afford. Now, it is just a pick for the cattle and sheep. So much for
all the work my grandfather put into solving the national food shortages
post WWII.

without wanting to be offensive, afaict if they rely on water allocations
from govts when it's become clear that's not reliable in any way, they're
just not going to make it & there's nothing anyone can do about that.
everyone benefits from a hardcore dose of completely new thinking, & farmers
have to do that now. in the next 10 years, the farms that are going well
will be those who aren't addicted to the past (not to mention addicted to
growing things like wheat, rice or cotton).

but in short, the "rodent" was not "serious" about fixing ANYTHING. in 1952
there weren't water problems, by jingo, therefore to his rapid-set-concrete
way of "thinking", such problems simply don't exist. :-)

What is that saying about pollies and underwear? change often {:-).

that's very, very true.
kylie