Old 01-12-2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
jthread jthread is offline

Default Moderator announce: Ponders' discussion of global warming

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
The moderation team has been following our discussion of global
warming.

When the topic arose, we considered it (marginally) related to ponds
and let it continue. We have been pleased that the general tone of
the discussion has been civil and respectful...qualities prized by so
many in this group!

As time has gone on, the thread has taken somewhat of a life of its
own and moved more off topic. We do not want to cut the topic off
and
we do not want to have rpm become filled with discussions of global
warming.

Accordingly, we are asking those making contributions to the
discussion of global warming to add their posts to the thread now
titled 'Ponders' discussion of global warming'. Civil posts about
global warming will be moderated as usual and passed on to the
thread. Uncivil posts and posts to other global warming threads will
be returned to their senders, who may modify them and add them to the
'Ponder's discussion of global warming' thread.

Thank you all for handling a potentially flame-filled topic in a
respectful manner.

Jim Hurley
Writing as administrative moderator for the rpm moderation team

Oddly enough you decided to reject a post from the person who started it.
BTW: Peter Pan and I took the conversation to another group and had
absolutely no problem. Maybe you should relax a little and wait until the
conversation becomes an actual flame fest.

Jim