Old 01-12-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Moderator announce: Ponders' discussion of global warming

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your post about our asking folks to post about global
warming to the "Ponder's discussion of global warming' thread.

I am not sure to which post you are referring in your comment about a
rejected post. Let me provide you with some info about the steps I
took. Perhaps it will help.

The moderation team was happy about the general civil and respectful
tenor of the global warming discussion.

We noted, however, that it was generating additional OT threads. We
want to avoid having OT threads begin to fill the board and we did not
want to cut off the moved-OT thread with civil discussion that our
members were actively enjoying, so we decided to ask people to post to
just one global warming thread. Once the moderation team had decided,
I posted the 'Moderator announce:' post.

Then I initiated a new thread with the title "Ponder's discussion of
global warming".

Then I reviewed all of the posts in the moderation cue. Those about
global warming, I sent back to their authors with a reference to the
Moderator announcement and a suggestion that they resubmit their post
to the new thread.

posts to be sure they had the resubmit element. They do.

If the person who received the rejected post would like to follow up
on it, please invite them to send me a copy at , my
moderation address.

If we inadvertently rejected a civil post or if I somehow failed to
suggest that they resubmit, I would be glad to apologize to them and
would certainly want them to feel free to resubmit it to the "Ponder's
discussion..." thread.

I would be glad to hear from you directly at the

address if you would like to follow up further on you post.

Jim Hurley
Speaking for myself and not for the moderation team