Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mark_OK Mark_OK is offline

Default Phal multiple spike question

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't from heavy fertilization. I have a few
phals that have double spikes but one I'm watching with anticipation has two
new spikes with spikes coming off them. I keep them pretty well fertilized
with compost tea and fish/ kelp mixes when they are outside and growing but
switch to a synthetic blend when I bring them in for the winter.

"Dusty" wrote in message
. 33.102...
I was in home depot the other day and they have an orchid promo on Phals
for $9.99. What caught my eye is every one was blooming on at least 2 new
spikes with some having 3 spikes. The best I can do is bloom on one new
and
one old spike. So does any one know how the grower got these to put out
multi spikes?
By the way 90% had no ids but I my body forced me to buy got one that had
name tag.