Old 01-12-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Seed potato sorts

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message ...
Marco Schwarz wrote:
:: Hi..
::
:: Next season I'd like to try out the following sorts (seed potatoes
:: are available here):
::
:: # Arran Victory
:: # King Edward
::
:: Any suggestions..?
:
:
::
:: Other recommendations..?
::
:: Thanks in advance..
:: --
:: cu
:: Marco

King Edwards are wonderful but the slugs think so too. I would definitely
use nemaslug if I were to grow those to reduce/stop any damage. My
favourite for an early is Pentland Javelin and I am moving to the T and M
blight resistant ones on the whole as we always get blight here at some
time in the season

They have slug resistant ones too.

I like to grow old, rare types but you don't get heavy yields.

It really depends what the OP wants to achieve, there are so many different
properties among potatoes..

Mary