Old 02-12-2007, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Paraphalaenopsis labukensis question

I have a Pphs labukensis that has been lingering for me. Tries to put out a
new growth and then just stops. So the GH has the right conditions for a
short period of time and then changes..... In researching I see it can be
intermediate, but more possibly its a warm grower (???? I guess that's my
question) And wants high(er) humidity - like 70-80%? I wondered if I
should bring this inside this winter.... I considered bringing the vandas,
phals and this one inside becasue I let the GH get very cold, practically
unheated, and they don't like that. For example it got down to 52F last
night. Ambient was 38-40F.

Anyway, I know there are a couple of Paraphalaenopsis freaks here and
wondered how you grew 'em? Any tips? Mine was in a slat basket. one its
side with sphagnum moss. Moss has soured and I generally don't do well with
moss, so I've moved it to a treefern mount.

(Ha, the more I write the more I convince myself to bring it inside.)

K Barrett