Old 02-12-2007, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fruit and therefore plant ID, please

In article ,
says...

someone;763069 Wrote:
"Janet Tweedy"
wrote in message
...-
In article , Sacha
writes
-
Er.......I don't know who you are. This seems to be an unusual shrub.
If
give you the name of the street, effectively I give the world the
location
of an individual I don't even know. This plant is in a private
garden.
-

On the other hand Sacha, if you wrote a nice letter to the occupants
on
the lines of
"The Gardening UK Internet group is enthralled by the tree in your
front
garden and would love to identify it. Can you tell us more about it?.

Adding your name and address

I am sure that they wouldn't mind you asking and might give you an
answer!
-- -

That's a good idea. I saw a lovely small tree flowering at the back of
front garden in Cheltenham some years ago, so I plucked up my courage
and
knocked on the door. When I asked what it was, the elderly lady said
it was
a Magnolia 'Wada's Memory', and she was very pleased that someone had
noticed it.

someone

Found it. Solanum integrifolium. they come in green red or yellow

http://tinyurl.com/2zpugq

http://tinyurl.com/ynlmtl

Fruit is right on the outside, but I don't think if you sliced it that it
would look like the original but more like a tomato!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk